Friday, April 13, 2007

Under Boost...Over Spending

I finally fixed hooked up the boost meter that my baby bought me about a week ago. Managed to tap the vacuum hose to the intake manifold ala DIY and left the lighting wiring to be done by the peopl who actually know about wiring in Mr.Tan's shop... FOR FREE..... wohoo.... Now i can monitor my boost levels and to my dismay, it reads that im only getting about 0.5 bar of boost at normal settings when im suppsoed to get about 0.7 bar..... im just hoping theres no issue with the wastegate (the component that limits the exhaust pressure to the turbine). Ive made a decision to learn by using a 3 way valve known as a "fish valve" in local automotive jargon, to increase boost to about 0.9 bar. Which is from what ive read, the maximum that the stock ECU will handle in terms of fueling....

And so with the money that i saved, i lowered my 2 front springs by 1 coil each....

Theres a theory that cut springs dont serve any good purpose apart from enhancing a car aestethically, but i beg to differ and i say this based on current experience.... The springs are now stiffer because theyve been shortened, takes noticeably flatter corners, is actually more comfortable, and its lowered my car in the front by about an inch and has given charlotte a much nicer stance..... But of course if i get a proper set of lowering springs it'll have much better results... but hey, if i had RM500 bucks or so then of course i would....but then again, theres some other things which are more important... so i wouldnt have spent that amount of money anyway

My car aside, i met up with this guy who owns a kancil that ive seen running around brem park and is usually parked in there.... He found his way to the sulbime forum and well, we had a drink at McDonalds and i got a chance to feel the might of the L2 turbo.... his car is boosting at 1 bar mind you and i swear, it'll give almost any road going sports car a run for its owners money until about 140kmh... which we reached from standstill in hardly any time at all.... all the more tempting for me to hit the 0.9 bar that i want to test out :)

I hate to admit it...once uve got urself in this automotive hobby, its extremely difficult to control yourself.... im sure every petrol head will testify to this....

AAnnnyway....

Works been real heavy this past week.... been working till past 6:30 on tuesday and i was in the office till about 9:30 today, only got to spend hardly an hour plus with my baby : ( But one thing, it makes me realize how much i miss her when i dont see her for a day.... im happy that that feeling is still there, most relationships i know off usually lack it after 3 years or so....so yea...its good in a way

Shaitz im tired but for some reason i feel compelled to blog.... i cant explain this craving but its just there.... and of course i realized that i havent blogged in a while too..... SO this post will serve as yet another cure for the itch to blog and rant about my life..a quarter mile at a time.... ..corny corny corny..... hehehehe...

Oh yes...how could i almost forget the Man United vs Roma game.... what can i say?

now who wouldve predicted...

SEVEN GOALS TO ONE!!!! ahh..that should cover it.... treble glory is in the horizon.... hopefully...
I missed the live game but managed to catch the replay yesterday...and as if god wanted me to watch the game, i jt turned the TV on, and there it was...just starting as well....what mroe could i ask for from the TV gods....
Oh btw, thanks kyle for calling me at 3am in the morning to let me know that we were 3-0 up before the stroke of half time.... i thought i was dreaming when i woke up the next morning...


Life is really great now i have to say.... its been this way for a while now and im really glad if i can maintain it like this... but the one thing that really bothers me but yet, i seem to be passively ignoring, is my financial management.....

I mean...okay...im not earning THAT much....its enough for me to survive as well as for me to enjoy a little....spend a little....have some luxury..... but at the same time, i feel the need to actually save.... as my baby keeps on telling me to do.... SAVE SAVE SAVE..... which is something i should do, but i just cant at the moment..... I dont know if its because im so used to having something to fall back on, ive always dug my way out of situations , or merely because im so overwhelmed with the fact that i can finally buy the things i want, eat nice food, show some generosity, yada yada yada which ive never been able to do before i started working.....

whatever it is...i need to start saving as well as paying my dues.... which i really need to do... but i just havent been able to put much aside for it.... things keep coming up, or i just get so caught up with something..... sigh.... I'll just have to discipline myself and i have to start it real soon.....

Its Friday....yeay....

Dougie signing out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dougie!!! dun forget my bucket of beer!!!