Thursday, November 16, 2006

Choices

I find myself in a familiar spot.... the exact same spot i was in about a month back .... Im here again and now i really got to make a choice between getting my clutch plate done or my air cond done...

Here's the deal....

Air cond: Got it fixed a month ago but the whole modified setup isnt too good.... piping work isnt neat.... Mr.Tan has offered to redo everything as he is quite experienced in air cond setups and he has access to some good recond compressors.... All for about RM500

Clutch: Its slipping as bad as ever now and my mum has actually given me some money to fix it up. If i dont replace it, the friction between clutch and flywheel can generate enough heat to screw up the oil seals.... All for est. RM400

The problems : Without my air cond, it gets real hot in the afternoon...and when it rains, the cabin gets a bit humid and the windows fog up, restricting my view of the road..... basically, its the comfort factor.... Without the new clutch, i risk having the car breakdown in the middle of nowhere if the clutch plate decides to give way or the seals decide to screw up.....

At the moment.... my fickle mind is leaning 70% towards the clutch plate....

Decisions decisions.....



1 comment:

TiBuN said...

Fix the clutch first, coz slipping scared it will affect your flywheel (which is another big sum of money if damaged).

Coincidently my car air cond broke down last week! So now saving money to fix air cond, now driving hot :P

How much is a compressor again?