Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Talk Shit Flower Child (Kong Xi Fa Cai)

Forgive my retardedly poor rendition of the chinese language.... and Yes, i know that if u pronounce it right the title isnt really as what i made it out to be....

Aaanyway....

Valentines is over and so is Chinese new Year....For me at least...

For valentines...i already mentioned i bought my baby a hamster and as for me, i got a pair of black boxers of which my baby stitched the wordings " I LOVE YOU... always have always will" on the bottom left part of the boxer, a pink heart shaped pillow, and a nice card.... This is proof that regardless of the price, the smallest of things can carry the most of meanings.... Unfortunately the dinner i bought for us was pretty much crap.... we had it at all stars cafe which in simple terms, was a 4/10 experience.... but the carbonara wasnt too bad...

And so Valentines day whizzed by, and the next thing i know, red packets, mandarin oranges, kua chi, mah jong and unbelievably annoying chinese music had burried the "happy valentines" theme in shopping malls.....

Yes... Chinese New Year is here.... it really doesnt seem all that "new year-ish" to me for some reason..... its like, it doesnt carry that much meaning anymore...apart from the red packets.... tee hee....
I had to celebrate the first couple of days of the CNY without my baby who had to endure a torturous trip to penang which ended in disaster when she passed out and fell sick.... I couldnt help but miss her throughout the 4 days she was gone.... but at least i managed to make the most of my time.... I think the last post i did was in a cyber cafe with shane.... Apart from that, i spent some time with cousin chris and we started to play snooker again... like the old days....

AAAnnnyyywayyy...

As with every CNY year in year out.... im bound to lose money when i gamble.... Gambling + Myself = Money going to the banker..... just never works for me.... shit luck i suppose? Now its the end of CNY (for me at least..dont concentrate too much on the 3rd day or 4th day and shit) and im left with a healthy 300 bucks.... 10 bucks short of how much im supposed to have which i lost due to gambling....ironicaly....
Planning to get myself a new pair of shoes and possibly something for the car....

Speaking of shoes...which leads me to brands.... I hate how effective commercials, advertisements and product/brand marketing tactics affects people... prior to this, i was a loyal supporter of the Adidas line of footwear, but after what Nike's marketing team have dished out, its sort of managed to convert me to the "nike" side... i cant say its bad coz Nike have recently come up with some kick ass designs....


BATTLE OF THE BRANDS


VS





AAnnyway...

On to better things... My baby came back yesterday....i spent the whole of today with her... visited her dad, bought her Camera which she'd been wanting for a while now, checked out my shoes and caught "ghost rider" (a certain someone who was supposed to come watch it with me and baby couldnt make it in the end....)

btw... Ghost Rider isnt all that good...... dont get me wrong...its not BAAADD...its just not GOOOOD either... get the picture?

Well.... Im at the end of my holiday... theres a UEFA champions League game between United and Lille at 3am, but i cant watch it coz ive got work tomorrow.... SIIIIGHHH.... work....

Last but not least....i need a haircut....

Dougie signing out...

No comments: